Position Title: Analyst/Sr. Analyst/Associate
Department: Public Finance
Kroll Bond Rating Agency (KBRA) is seeking an Analyst/Sr. Analyst or Associate to join its Public Finance Credit team. This role offers a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, fast growing and highly collaborative team working across all municipal asset classes. The analyst will lead and support complex credit analysis and have direct involvement with high profile issuers, investors, and others in the municipal market. This role will be based out of our New York office.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Perform credit and transaction analysis including legal, economic, political, financial and structural, analysis of new and existing transactions
- Assist and or lead in the research, writing, and presentation of credit rating recommendations to rating committees
- Lead and or support the development and publication of public finance rating methodologies, transaction reports, and market research reports
- Assist in the ongoing development or review of databases, spreadsheets, and quantitative models used in the credit ratings process
- 5+ years of experience performing municipal and infrastructure credit analysis at a rating agency, financial guarantor, buy-side firm, credit research firm or financial institution across several sectors (e.g. State & local governments, transportation, special tax, utilities, higher education, or health care, etc.)
- Strong intellect, with ability to independently analyze and effectively present (oral and written) opinions regarding complex credits and transaction structures; writing samples will be required
- Strong quantitative, financial, and economic analytical skills
- Excellent independent research and organizational skills with particular focus on attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as work effectively with a highly collaborative, dynamic, and entrepreneurial team.
- Bachelor’s degree required in any subject supporting development of strong analytical and writing skills; advanced degree preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
Kroll Bond Rating Agency (KBRA) is a full service global rating agency whose mission is to set a standard of excellence by providing users of our ratings with transparent, responsive and timely analysis. KBRA offers market participants an alternative solution by delivering in-depth research as well as the tools needed to make informed investment decisions. With over 300 employees globally across the United States and Europe, KBRA is headquartered in New York with additional offices in Pennsylvania, Maryland and Dublin, Ireland. The experienced and extensive team expands across the Structured Finance, Public Finance, Financial Institutions, Project Finance, Insurance and Corporate markets collectively publishing over 10,000 ratings.